Transfer a Patient
Saint Luke’s Patient Transfer Program: Doctors One Call
Saint Luke's has streamlined the transfer/admitting process so you can connect with us 24 hours a day with just one quick call. Here’s how it works:
- Call 816-932-6200 or toll free 1-877-932-6200
- Talk with a registered nurse who will gather medical information and coordinate a call with the appropriate transfer physician.
- Speak directly with the transfer physician, which can include 3-way call with the Specialty physician.
- Transfer nurses then coordinate bed assignments on direct admits, nursing report, and pre-admission information.
What to Expect
- Beds are assigned and vital services can be scheduled before the patient leaves his or her original location.
- Nurses who specialize in transfers are always available to gather information from the sending facility when changes in patient status need to be communicated to the admitting physician.
- For your Emergency Department patients (when appropriate), patients can bypass a second emergency room evaluation and be placed directly into a bed with a nurse prepared and patient report ready upon arrival.
- The admitting physician is immediately notified upon the patient’s arrival and apprised of the patient’s medical history.
- Time-sensitive procedures such as cardiac catheterization, neurosurgery, stroke treatment, and admission to the ICU will happen quickly.
- Specialized staff involved in STEMI and stroke transfers at the receiving Saint Luke’s hospital will be involved on the initial call for special instructions prior to transport.