Saint Luke's Care
As a member of Saint Luke’s Care, you have a voice.
Every physician working with Saint Luke’s Health System (SLHS) has the unique opportunity of establishing evidence-based standards of care, which defines our culture of excellence.
Saint Luke’s Care is a physician-led organization dedicated to quality medical care using evidence-based medicine. Your expertise will help fellow physicians and APRNs make the best decisions for their patients. Our mission is to drive higher standards of patient care by providing clinicians with decision support tools at the point of care, ensuring consistently great outcomes.
Benefits of Joining Saint Luke’s Care
- Search preference on SLHS website Find a Doctor tool
- Provide feedback on evidence-based order sets
- Opportunity to participate in clinical process improvement projects
- Help develop and design clinical decision support tools
- Access to SLC Connect newsletter communication
Evidence-Based Practice Teams
As an entirely clinically-led organization, order sets and guidelines are developed by clinicians for clinicians.
The work of SLC is accomplished through Evidence-based Practice Teams (EPTs). EPTs exist in the following medical and surgical specialty areas:
- Behavioral Medicine
- Critical Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Primary Care
To date, the EPTs have developed and deployed more than 500 system-wide physician order sets, patient care guidelines, and physician education modules.
EPTs choose initiatives based on national quality recommendations and the most up-to-date, quality research. Subgroups of clinicians develop these ideas into projects, which are disseminated to SLC physician and APRN members for comment and feedback. Individuals are selected for feedback based on their clinical areas of practice that intersect the project. SLC collects data on the effects of the projects and presents back to the EPTs for further project refinement.
View Saint Luke’s Care Evidence-based Practice Teams' (EPTs) documents.
We rely on these teams to support major clinical changes within SLHS. If you want to participate in the process of making things better for patients and for your peers, SLC is the best way to get involved and make a difference.
Join us in our mission.
- Implemented high-sensitivity troponin to guide the evaluation of chest pain
- Presented Sepsis Program to Vizient and Epic communities
- Improved CAUTI process
- Optimized AMI care pathway
- Established COVID-19 evaluation and treatment order set through clinical treatment taskforce
- SLC welcomed new EPT Physician Chairs: Dr. Christine Boutwell, Neurosciences; Dr. Ben Kulow, Surgery Co-Chair; Dr. Carl DuBose, Behavioral Medicine; and Dr. Eric May, Anesthesia
Read past issues of Saint Luke’s Care’s PDF newsletters.