Regional Skilled Nursing Care
Saint Luke’s Critical Access Region Hospitals, located in Southeast Kansas and North Central Missouri, offer a skilled nursing and short-term inpatient rehabilitation program, commonly known as swing bed.
We believe that keeping patients close to home and near friends and family can help speed the healing process and lead to successful recoveries.
Our swing bed program serves patients who are:
- Recovering from joint replacement, fractures, or other surgeries
- Continuing or completing IV therapy
- Recovering from a stroke, heart failure, serious illness, or injury
Patients must have been in the hospital as an acute inpatient for at least three days and may only be admitted through a referral from their attending physician.
Services offered include:
- 24/7 skilled nursing care
- Weekly (or more frequent) visits with a physician
- Physical, speech, and occupational therapies
- Laboratory testing and monitoring
- IV medication therapy
- Tube feeding and nutritional stabilization
- Wound management
- Bowel and bladder care
- Respiratory therapy including BiPAP
- Consultation with a certified, licensed dietitian
- Coordination with specialty providers
- Case management and social services
- Patient and family education
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Advanced directives education and assistance
- Terminal care
We will work closely with the patient’s doctors and family members to tailor a recovery plan focused on rebuilding strength and function. The program provides a therapeutic atmosphere that assists patients with self-care and independent functioning. For most patients, the goal of this program is to return to living independently.
Nursing Home Communities and Home Care Services
Short-term and long-term skilled nursing care both are available at our retirement and senior care communities. Saint Luke’s also provides home care services to patients who need extra help to remain safely in their home. Learn more about our other continuing care options.
Home Health Care
For patients who need extra assistance recovering from illness or injury, or need extra help to remain independent, Saint Luke’s offers personalized medical attention in the comfort of home.
Saint Luke’s Bishop Spencer Place offers an exceptional retirement lifestyle in the heart of the city.
Senior Care Community
The Residential Living Center at Anderson County Hospital in Garnett, Kansas, offers five-star quality, long-term care.