Saint Luke’s skilled nursing care offers services for patients needing extra care when rehabilitating from an illness or injury, recovering from a medical condition or hospital stay, or receiving therapy for general physical decline.
We offer a multidisciplinary approach to skilled nursing by focusing on medical needs, as well as emotional and spiritual needs. Our unique approach blends high-quality care with enrichment opportunities provided by a compassionate, highly-engaged staff.
In addition, since our skilled nursing teams are part of the health system, we closely coordinate care with many of the region’s best physicians, hospitals, and specialty providers.
Swing bed rehabilitation program
Saint Luke’s regional hospitals in Garnett and Iola, Kansas, and Chillicothe and Trenton, Missouri, offer swing bed programs for patients who have been in the hospital at least three days, but require additional skilled-nursing care or rehabilitation before returning home. This allows patients to recover closer to home with the support of their family and friends.
Our swing bed program offers:
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Highly skilled clinical team with 24/7 emergency services on site
- Access to Saint Luke’s specialists
Our swing bed program commonly serves patients who are:
- Recovering from join replacement, fractures, or other surgeries
- Continuing or completing IV therapy
- Recovering from a stroke, heart failure, serious illness, or injury