To encourage family and friend involvement, we welcome visitors at all hours. Our intensive care units, neonatal intensive care units, and maternity units may have more specific visiting hours or visitor restrictions. Please see each hospital’s visitor information page for specific information.
- All visitors under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult other than the patient.
- You may be asked to temporarily step out of the room so staff can provide care.
- Patient room bathrooms are for patient use only. Please use family restrooms located on or near the unit.
- Number of visitors and visitation hours may vary on each unit.
- Disruptive behavior or behavior that interferes with patient care may result in visitors being asked to leave.
Saint Luke’s is a tobacco-free environment, and tobacco use as well as e-cigarettes are prohibited in all buildings, parking garages, and all surrounding grounds of the campus.
Saint Luke’s is committed to providing a clean and safe hospital environment for our patients. Hand washing is an important measure in infection control. Health care workers clean their hands with alcohol-based sanitizers or wash with soap and water.
- Visitors should wash hands before and after visits.
- Visitors should follow hospital rules for visiting. In some instances, isolation precautions are necessary to protect patients and others from infectious diseases.
- Visitors should avoid visiting after exposure to illness.
Cell phones are allowed in most areas. Please keep devices on silent when possible.
Mail and Flowers
Our volunteers deliver mail and flowers to patients in the hospital. After discharge, any mail is forwarded to the patient’s home address. The delivery florists are responsible for redelivering flowers after discharge.
Correspondence should be addressed to: Patient’s Name c/o [Hospital Name and Address]