Saint Luke's Hospital of Kansas City's Crittenton Children's Center
10918 Elm Ave
Kansas City, MO 64134
Since 1896, Saint Luke's Hospital of Kansas City's Crittenton Children's Center has served as the region's premier psychiatric care provider for children, adolescents, and their families.
The Crittenton difference:
- Provides more actively practicing, board-certified psychiatrists than any other similar facility in the region
- Uses multiple evidence-based therapy interventions to ensure the best outcomes for patients
- Trauma Smart program is a highly-successful, early-childhood trauma intervention program designed to help heal children 3-5 years of age
- Licensed as a psychiatric hospital by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
- Licensed as a Child Placing Agency and Residential Child Care Agency by the Missouri Department of Social Services-Children's Division
PATIENTS & VISITORS
Social visits and telephone calls are important to each child’s progress in treatment and are encouraged. Standard hours for visits are:
- Monday – Friday: 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 1 – 3 p.m.; 6 – 8 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 – 3 p.m.
- Holidays: 12 – 6 p.m.
Suggested calling hours are:
- Monday – Friday: 5:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
A chaplain consult can be requested through your child’s doctor or therapist or by calling the chaplain at 816-765-6600.
The Patient Advocate serves as a liaison between patients, their families or representative(s), and the hospital. To reach the patient advocate, call 816-765-6600.
Patient rights and responsibilities
Quality patient care is a primary concern of Saint Luke’s Health System. The goal of patient rights and responsibilities is to improve care, treatment, services, and outcomes by protecting and promoting each patient’s rights.
Saint Luke’s Health System complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. View patient rights and responsibilities.
Language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 816-932-6145.