KCTV came to Saint Luke's Muriel I. Kauffman Women's Heart Center's Food As Medicine Everyday Kitchen to talk about foods that can boost your immune system.
Watch the full story below.
Here's the recipe: Mushroom, Kale, and Tomato Frittata
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup milk or alternative milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 6 kale leaves, sliced
- 6 thin slices of tomato
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Whisk together eggs, milk, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Set to the side.
- In an oven safe skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add kale and shallots and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Pour whisked eggs into sauté pan and let set up for 2 minutes. Do not stir the eggs.
- Place tomatoes on top designating 6 separate frittata slices.
- Sprinkle chives on top of eggs.
- Place in the oven on the top rack for 7 minutes or until center of eggs has set up. During the last 2 minutes turn on the broiler to cook the top of the eggs.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice into 6 pieces and serve