FOX4: FAME: Healthy Ranch Dressing
Food as Medicine Everyday (FAME) is a 12-week program offering nutrition education classes on a variety of topics to help improve diet and lifestyle. You’ll learn simple techniques to cook tasty, nutritious meals. Saint Luke’s Muriel I. Kauffman Women’s Heart Center is a founding member of the Food as Medicine Institute Alliance.
Lucas Schubert, Nutritional Coordinator with Saint Luke's Mid America Heart Institute and the Food As Medicine Everyday (FAME) program, shares how to make your own healthy ranch dressing from scratch with the FOX4 morning show.
Dry Mix Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons dry buttermilk powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a bowl or mason jar. Mix all ingredients until well combined.
How to use the mix...
Mix the ingredients below to create a delicious ranch dressing or dip.
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Ranch Dressing Mix
Watch how to make the healthy salad dressing or dip below.