America's Healthcare Advocate Radio Show: Saint Luke's Mid America Heart Institute COVID-19 Podcast
Join Cary Hall, host of America's Healthcare Advocate, as he interviews Dr. Michael Main, Saint Luke's Mid America Heart Institute Co-Executive Medical Director, to get an inside look at what Saint Luke's is doing amid the COVID-19 pandemic and how people in the community can help as restrictions lift.
Segment 1 (starting at 2:35)
- COVID-19 update: Where are we now?
- Importance of continued social distancing and following of other public health recommendations
Segment 2 (starting at 9:49)
- How Saint Luke's is protecting patients and staff
- Why people should not put off seeking treatment due to fear of the pandemic
Segment 3 (starting at 18:20)
- How Saint Luke's Mid America Heart Institute is utilizing telemedicine
- DARE-19: The clinical trial for COVID-19 started by a Saint Luke's cardiologist
Segment 4 (starting at 28:52)
- Thoughts on Remdesivir and other clinical trials and research taking place for a COVID-19 vaccine and treatments
- What people should continue to do as restrictions lift