February 26, 2021
A heart-healthy recipe provided by Food As Medicine Everyday Program offered through Saint Luke’s Muriel I. Kauffman Women’s Heart Center.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, no salt added or low-sodium, drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas thoroughly.
- Add to a medium mixing bowl. Using a couple paper towels, stir chickpeas using your hands to remove excess water and dry as much as possible.
- Add oil and spices and stir to coat the chickpeas well.
- Bake chickpeas for 30-35 minutes, or until they are firm and crunchy when you sample one. Turn and roll chickpeas around about every 10 minutes. Cool chickpeas on pan.