March 5, 2021
A heart-healthy recipe provided by Food As Medicine Everyday Program offered through Saint Luke’s Muriel I. Kauffman Women’s Heart Center.
- 1 large slice sourdough bread
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pinch salt
Makes about 20 croutons
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut sourdough bread into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Add olive oil, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt. Mix until well coated.
- Spread coated bread out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!