KMBC: Fire departments, doctors urge residents to have carbon-monoxide detectors

Fire departments and doctors are reminding people to make sure they have a working carbon monoxide detector, especially on extremely cold nights.

When the temperatures get this cold, potential carbon monoxide poisoning can become a big risk with more people cranking up their furnaces, gas fireplaces, and using other alternative heating methods.

KMBC talked to Dr. Marc Larsen, an emergency physician with Saint Luke's Health System, about the red flags of CO poisoning.

Watch the full story below.

Related Content

Jan. 30, 2019
FOX4: Experts warn of frostbite dangers during dangerously cold temperatures
The below-freezing wind chills can be a major health concern if you are outside for too long. Saint Luke's Emergency Department Physician Dr. Aaron Kaus tells FOX4 how you can protect yourself against the cold.
Feb. 12, 2021
KMBC: Health expert talks importance of double masking to protect against COVID-19
KMBC talked to Dr. Ginny Boos about the most effective way to double mask for protection against COVID-19.
Feb. 13, 2021
KSHB: Retired KU professor with amyloidosis becomes oldest Saint Luke's heart transplant recipient
KSHB talked to Dr. Andrew Kao and Prof. John Edgar Tidwell about a rare condition that led to the need for a heart transplant.