FOX4: FAME: Nourishing teas for individuals with cancer
Saint Luke's Food As Medicine Everyday (FAME) program is offering a new series called Cornerstones of FAME for Cancer. The class is focused on supporting individuals going through cancer treatment and the foods and drinks that can be beneficial.
Lucas Schubert, Nutritional Coordinator of the Saint Luke's FAME program, shared two soothing and nourishing tea recipes from the class with the FOX4 morning show.
Watch the video below to learn more about the various benefits of each tea.
Ginger Peppermint Green Tea
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 green tea bags
- 1 peppermint tea bag
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Bring the water and ginger to a boil in a saucepan, then lower the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the green and peppermint tea bags, and steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and ginger, then stir in the lemon juice and honey.
- Serve hot, or chill for at least 1 hour before serving over ice.
Golden Milk Turmeric Tea
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Whisk coconut milk, water, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, honey, and coconut oil in a small saucepan; bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until flavors have melded, about 10 minutes.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into mugs and top with a dash of cinnamon.