Saint Luke’s Hospital Midwest Ear Institute
Warning messageSaint Luke's is now offering virtual visits with providers at this clinic. Call the clinic to schedule a virtual appointment.
Saint Luke’s Hospital Midwest Ear Institute (MEI) is staffed by a team of audiology experts who knows the importance of personalized care, and that one size doesn’t fit all – that’s why we offer patients the full range of hearing restoration services, from comprehensive diagnostics to hearing and balance treatment and our acclaimed cochlear implant program.
What to Expect
The Midwest Ear Institute provides comprehensive diagnostic testing by certified audiologists, speech language pathologists, and auditory verbal therapists.
Each patient receives consultation services to explore hearing restoration options and auditory training to help patients and their families maximize the benefit of their cochlear implant or hearing aid.
The Midwest Ear Institute:
- Has been performing cochlear implants since 1980
- Is a nationally recognized cochlear implant center
- Participates in numerous clinical trials annually
- Offers state-licensed audiologists and speech language pathologists, each having advanced degrees in audiology or speech language pathology
- Can perform sophisticated evaluation and treatment for balance disorders
- Offers a treatment approach for patients with tinnitus
Improving hearing function
The Midwest Ear Institute provides several options for patients that can help improve hearing function.
These services include:
Cochlear implant program
For a person who is profoundly deaf or severely hard of hearing, a cochlear implant can provide a sense of sound. This computerized, bioelectrical device is surgically implanted between the skin and the skull. An electrode array bypasses nonfunctioning parts of the ear and sends signals to the auditory nerve and then to the brain. The institute participates in many clinical trials for the latest in cochlear implant technology, offering patients the most advanced treatment options.
Hearing aids, accessories, and supplies
Depending on their specific needs, patients can choose from a variety of hearing instruments, accessories, and supplies. Regular educational seminars offer information on hearing loss and an objective analysis of various hearing aid technologies.
Vestibular (balance) evaluation and treatment
A state-of-the-art vestibular (balance) testing center assists physicians in diagnosing balance disorders. The institute collaborates with Saint Luke's Hospital's outpatient rehabilitation services to provide a complete balance rehabilitation program.
Midwest Ear Institute is located right next to Saint Luke's Hospital. Parking is available in the Medical Plaza complex garage located off Washington Street, near Entrance 3. Complimentary valet services are available outside the Medical Plaza building from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cochlear implant program
- Auditory brainstem implants
- Pediatric speech and language evaluation and auditory-verbal therapy
- Auditory processing disorders program
- Tinnitus evaluation and treatment
- Vestibular (balance) evaluation and treatment
- Electrophysiologic testing
- Custom ear molds and hearing protection, including musician’s earplugs
- Hearing aids, accessories, and supplies, including extended-ear hearing aids (Lyric)
- Assistive listening devices
- Support groups for cochlear implant and tinnitus patients