Incoming Pharmacy Rotation Students
In order to meet the vetting requirements for the Saint Luke’s facilities, complete the web form below. Be sure to upload the welcome packet, which includes a self-test. Grade your test using the answer key and 100% is needed to pass.
Also be sure to know which state your assigned sites are in and have a valid intern license for those states. Saint Luke’s Health system has sites in both Kansas and Missouri.
A two-day orientation will be held at the start of each rotation block. The first day of orientation provides a general overview of our health system, computer access, and details about our Clinical Student Intern (CSI) requirements. The second day consists of training on our electronic medical record, EPIC, and Collaborative Drug Therapy Management Agreements.
Orientation may be at the site of your first rotation in the block or another one of the hospitals in our system. Business casual attire is appropriate.
What to bring for Orientation:
- Influenza vaccination record (November – March)
- Laptop (optional) - you can test your remote access and trouble shoot issues
- Something to take notes on and with
- There are cafeterias at all of our sites
- Refrigerator space (limited) is available
- Name tag
- Intern License
Sample Orientation Schedule
Note that the actual agenda for your orientation day may differ.
9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- Practice Philosophy and Pharmacy Practice Model
- Pharmacy Student Passport
10:00 - 10:45 a.m.
- Inpatient Operations Overview
10:45 - 11:15 a.m.
- Project Introduction
11:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Tour of hospital
12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- Lunch with preceptors and residents
1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- Clinical Student Intern program overview
2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Schedule building and review
3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- “CSI How-To-Guide”
9:00 - 9:45 a.m.
- Epic Overview
- Med teaching, consults
9:45 - 11:00 a.m.
- Antimicrobial stewardship
- Antibiotic dosing
- Vancomycin patient cases
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Collaborative Drug Therapy Management Agreements
12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
- TPN monitoring
- Anticoagulation Monitoring
2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- SLHS Pharmacy Policies and Procedures