A false release has been circulating, with our old Saint Luke's logo, stating that alcohol consumption is a preventative measure against COVID-19.
We would like to stress how important it is to look to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization for the appropriate guidelines to follow, just as we do as at Saint Luke's Health System.
Saint Luke’s follows CDC guidance:
- Practice good hand hygiene
- Wash for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom, before eating, after blowing your nose or coughing.
- If soap and water aren’t available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home when you are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning spray or wipes
Read KCTV's full article: Saint Luke's warns against false release of COVID-19 preventative tip