Warning messageThe COVID-19 vaccine is now required for all supplier and service partners. Learn more.
The Resource Management Department supports Saint Luke’s Health System’s mission, strategic plan, and commitment to stewardship. The department develops, facilitates, and delivers programs, services, and opportunities to optimize non-labor expense management efforts, while supporting staff, clinicians, and physicians in delivery of care in the communities Saint Luke’s serves.
Using a unique and innovative style of resource management, the department differentiates itself by tapping into the collective power, experience, and diverse perspective in the system, and promote cutting-edge solutions and impacts.
Saint Luke's Health System uses a centralized procurement system. Saint Luke's Materials Management works with system staff to:
- Make product, service, and contracting decisions
- Perform analysis
- Facilitate evaluations and trials
- Ensure ethics
Saint Luke's believes that diversity enhances competitive strength. We support diversity in the workplace and in our business partnerships.
When you call on clients at Saint Luke's:
- Follow check-in procedures (see Page 5 of Vendor Visitation Policy - PDF)
- Patients are always top priority—if asked to leave a patient care area, please respect this request.
- Contract questions and product samples should be presented at System Materials Management.
- Questions about business associate status under HIPAA guidelines should be referred to System Materials Management.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Supplier and service partners of Saint Luke’s:
As you are aware from our guidance back in May of 2020, Saint Luke’s Health System continues to limit service vendor access to any Saint Luke’s location. This continues to remain in effect. Saint Luke's is requiring that all supplier and service partners be fully vaccinated no later than October 31, 2021. This is being required as part of Saint Luke’s goal to maximize the continued protection of patients, team members, and all who enter our facilities. Upon entry, the expectation is that all service partners follow the posted respiratory protection and PPE requirements based on the location and type of access granted.
Service partners without full vaccination will be denied access to any Saint Luke’s Health System facility after October 31st, 2021.
To be considered fully vaccinated, service partners will need to have documented evidence of immunization recorded with your employer to show either:
- Both doses of Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
- Single dose of Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine
Note: This is similar to the current requirements for the influenza vaccine.
To be considered fully vaccinated, suppliers and service partners will need to have documented evidence of immunization recorded in Reptrax (IntelliCentrics). Service suppliers need to have documented evidence of immunization recorded with your employer.
Significant and careful thought and discussion has gone into this decision. While we have recently experienced reduced incidence of COVID-19 in our region, situations in other countries, states and local counties have demonstrated how quickly COVID-19 can re-enter the environment and push a region into crisis mode. New variants of the virus have already emerged that are more contagious and sometimes more severe than previous variants, and as such are already present in the Missouri/Kansas area. More importantly, the current COVID-19 vaccines provide high levels of protection against known variants. Service vendor employees electing to not comply with Saint Luke’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate are required to work with your employer for an assignment change. Saint Luke’s expects fully trained replacements be in place by Friday, October 15, 2021.
Thank you for helping to keep our patients and staff safe.
New Vendor Application Process
Saint Luke’s Resource Management Department is working on a new electronic vendor application. It will be available in 2020.
Saint Luke’s utilizes Reptrax (IntelliCentrics) for our vendor credentialing system, which includes all training and vaccination requirements to be met by all current vendor representatives. If you are a new vendor, please create an account. If you are a current vendor, you can log in here.
Key Vendor Partners
- Contact: Melanie Meliza, 972-830-0502, email@example.com
- Mid-America Service Solutions (MSS)
- Contact: Jess Rinderle, 972-581-5299, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Primary Acute Distributor: Owens & Minor
- Contact: Andy Leaders, 515-451-3469, Andrew.email@example.com
- Primary Pharmacy Wholesaler: Amerisource Bergen
- Contact: Jean Schaible, 816-654-4102
- Primary Lab Distributor:
- Primary Food Distributor: US Foods
- Contact: Kellie Zych, 913-907-3203, firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a facility map for each location on its respective page on the Saint Luke’s website for more information.
Please park as close to the facility docks as possible. Your Saint Luke’s contact should provide more direction for you. Please avoid patient parking lots.