Primary Care Medical Home
What is a Medical Home?
When you choose a Saint Luke’s primary care physician, you become part of a health care team dedicated to the highest standards of quality and accountability.
With Saint Luke’s as your medical home, a trusted doctor and care team will ensure you get the best care possible. Should you develop a chronic health condition that may require additional attention, a high-risk care coordinator will help you manage your plan of care.
Your Medical Home
Your medical home is a team-based approach to comprehensive primary care that puts you at the center of how your health care is delivered. Our commitment is to provide personalized care centered around your needs.
Your care team’s responsibilities:
- To truly listen and respond to your questions and concerns.
- To help you better understand and evaluate your health care needs.
- To work with you to make a personal care plan that is tailored just for you.
- To coordinate care so you receive the care you need, when you need it, even if it is not at a Saint Luke’s facility.
- To always try to stay on time to keep your wait time as short as possible.
- To be an active participant in your care. Ask questions. Share concerns. Let us know how to provide better care.
- To let your care team know if you seek care outside of your patient-centered medical home, such as going to the emergency room or self referring to a specialist.
- To have a clear understanding of your personalized care plan.
- To assist and follow through on your goals.
- To be on time for appointments with the necessary documents for your visit.
Our KC metro-area primary care medical practices are designated Primary Care First clinics. Our goal is to provide you with the highest quality care.
Your Saint Luke’s primary care team will work tirelessly to maintain these highest care standards and maintain the privilege of being your Medical Home.