The Comprehensive Multiple Sclerosis Center at Saint Luke’s Marion Bloch Neuroscience Institute takes a multidisciplinary approach to providing comprehensive care for patients with multiple sclerosis. The experience and expertise of our faculty and staff make it a premier destination in the region.
Our Multiple Sclerosis Center Director, Rola Mahmoud, MD, is one of only a few fellowship-trained multiple sclerosis specialists in the region. Because treatments have rapidly advanced over the last few years, our experts' training and experience, and access to clinical trials is vital to tailoring treatments for each patient and giving them access to every treatment opportunity.
- Begins with a thorough diagnostic process
- Includes the full range of care, from treatment of acute episodes and long-term management to rehabilitation designed to help patients achieve maximum functionality
- Features a variety of support services for patients and family members
- Participates in research studies to ensure patients receive the latest treatment options
Due to the complexity of chronic disease management, Saint Luke’s multiple sclerosis experts work closely with other subspecialists within the Neuroscience Institute to provide individualized treatment with the end goal of managing this chronic disease throughout a patient’s life. Our comprehensive care team includes experts in:
- Physiatry (physical medicine and rehabilitation)
- Primary care
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Social work
- Behavioral health
- Diet and nutrition
- Spiritual wellness