- Medical School
- Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences-College of Osteopathic Med, Kansas City, MO
- Internal Medicine, University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City, MO
- Med/Nephrology, University of Missouri - Kansas City, Kansas City, MO
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Subspecialty in Nephrology
Dr. Ahmed Awad is a Board Certified Nephrologist and Internal Medicine doctor, practicing medicine for over 15 years.
Dr. Awad earned his osteopathic medicine degree in 1994 from the Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences. He went on to complete an Internal Medicine residency and Nephrology fellowship at the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine.
Following the completion of his doctoral studies, Dr. Awad joined Kansas City Kidney Consultants, formerly Arms, Dodge, Robinson, Wilber & Crouch, Inc. He has a special interest in the epidemiologic and demographic reasons for the progression of kidney disease and its effect on the cardiac disease.
Outside of practicing medicine, Dr. Awad is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, private consulting nephrologist at Saint Luke’s Hospital in Kansas City, President of the National Kidney Foundation of Kansas and Western Missouri, and Chair of the Early Intervention Program at the National Kidney Foundation. Dr. Awad has written guidelines for the primary care physician on early detection and diagnosis of kidney disease, which received the KIDOQI Seal of Approval. He was also appointed by Missouri Governor, for the Chronic Kidney Disease Task Force in November of 2007.
He has also co-authored several medical publications and directed several clinical research trials.
In his free time, Dr. Awad likes to play soccer and ping-pong.
On Staff At
- Anderson County Hospital
- Hedrick Medical Center
- Saint Luke's Cushing Hospital
- Saint Luke's East Hospital
- Saint Luke's Hospital of Kansas City
- Saint Luke's North Hospital–Barry Road
- Saint Luke's North Hospital–Smithville
- Saint Luke's South Hospital
- Wright Memorial Hospital