School of Echocardiography Program Description
The School of Echocardiography is a nationally-accredited 18-month, hospital-based program that prepares you to be an entry-level adult cardiac sonographer.
You will receive classroom instruction in the theoretical principles of ultrasound and the collection and analyzation of patient information. You will also be exposed to a wide range of state-of-the-art equipment and a large volume of cases.
Clinical and didactic classes meet up to 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
The core curriculum includes:
- Physics I-IV
- Echocardiography I-V
- CV Anatomy
- CV Physiology I & II
- Introduction of Vascular I & II
During the program, students will rotate through multiple clinical sites. This allows you to experience a wide variety of settings and learn many different ultrasound systems. Clinical sites are established by the program.
Our graduates will be qualified for the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) National Registry Sonography exams in the following areas:
- Adult Cardiac
ARDMS is the globally recognized standard of excellence in sonography and has certified more than 65,000 individual.
Clinical Sites and Faculty
Students train at multiple Saint Luke's facilities and are trained by expert staff.
Clinical sites include:
- Saint Luke's Hospital
- Saint Luke's East Hospital
- Saint Luke's South Hospital
- Saint Luke's North Hospital
- Children’s Mercy Hospital of Kansas City
- Are registered in the specialty area in which they are teaching
- Are experts in the field of echocardiography and/or vascular sonography
- Educate students in all areas of adult echocardiography in order to successfully pass the ARDMS national registries
The Saint Luke’s School of Echocardiography is a new program offered by Saint Luke’s Hospital. There are no outcomes to report at this time.
The first class will graduate in May, 2020. Program outcomes will be posted when available.
Tuition and Fees
- Application Fee: $25, submitted with application
- Matriculation Fee: $100, must be submitted with acceptance letter to reserve applicant’s position in the program
- Tuition: $10,330 for 18 month program (payment plans available; no financial aid offered)
- Books: $1,000 (approximate), students are required to have all books purchased prior to the start of the program
- Professional memberships: $200 (approximate), including SDMS, SVU, GKCES, ASE
- National Registries:
- SPI Physics: $225
- Specialties: $250 each
National registries are the responsibility of the student. Fees are determined by the ARDMS and are non-refundable by the Echocardiography Program. Students may sit for the Physics (SPI) and adult cardiac sonography registries in alignment with the prerequisite requirements determined by the ARDMS.
The following are anticipated increases to program tuition:
|Class of 2021 - 2023||Class of 2022 - 2024||Classes beginning 2023 and after|