Saint Luke's Pharmacy
Saint Luke’s Health System pharmacies offer convenience, efficiency, and exceptional customer service. They feature:
- Acceptance of most major health insurance plans
- Delivery to your hospital room
- Fast, friendly service
- Over-the-counter and prescription medication
- Short wait times
Hospital room delivery
If you're a patient at Saint Luke's Hospital, Saint Luke's North Hospital, or Saint Luke's South Hospital, let us bring your prescription right to your bedside. A pharmacy technician will meet you or your family member to gather prescription and insurance information, fill the prescription, and deliver it to your room. The service is available Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saint Luke's Advanced Care Pharmacy
Patients undergoing treatment for cancer or a transplant operation need specialty medications, and Saint Luke’s Advanced Care Pharmacy focuses on making sure you get the medications you need when you need them. We provide home regimens for oncology and transplant patients, with a mission to improve patient care by integrating medical and pharmacy services.
Specialty pharmaceuticals are often expensive, with some complex drug therapies ranging from $30,000 to more than $100,000 per year. Saint Luke’s Advanced Care Pharmacy works to assist patients with their financial options, simplify the insurance experience, arrange delivery options, and provide counseling and follow up.
How Does it Work?
- Your physician prescribes a medication. Saint Luke's in-house electronic system will deliver the order directly to the pharmacy and will be reviewed for safety and effectiveness.
- We review costs with you. A pharmacy team member will calculate the cost of medication and discuss financial options. We also know insurance can be complicated and confusing, so we'll work directly with your insurance company to get the maximum coverage possible.
- The pharmacy works with you to arrange delivery. We keep many medications in stock, and our pharmacists can order quickly. We'll stay in contact about when you can expect your medications. You can choose to pick it up at one of our locations or have it delivered.
- A pharmacist provides comprehensive counseling. When you receive your medication, our pharmacists will go over everything with you. You'll have the comfort of knowing how and when to take it, and what side effects to be aware of.
- The pharmacy team follows up. Just like you, we want to be sure everything is going according to plan. Our pharmacists will follow up regularly to make sure the medication is working appropriately, monitor your progress, and make changes if necessary.
Saint Luke’s Home Infusion Pharmacy
In addition to oncology and transplant medication regimens, Saint Luke’s Home Infusion Pharmacy provides services for a variety of treatments, including for patients who are still working or patients who are managing a chronic disease. Available 24/7, Saint Luke’s Home Infusion Pharmacy provides:
- Cardiac medications
- IV hydration
- Steroid therapy
- Total parenteral nutrition
Saint Luke’s Home Infusion Pharmacy staff includes pharmacists, registered nurses, and certified pharmacy technicians who all have completed extensive training. Our registered nurses are trained in infusion, including central line care and difficult IV starts.
If you're a Saint Luke's patient or would like to learn more, call 816-986-5510.