School of Echocardiography
The School of Echocardiography provides students with the skills necessary to succeed in a specialized segment of sonography that is rapidly growing in demand.
- Is a nationally-accredited 18-month, hospital-based adult cardiac sonography program
- Offers an affordable education
- Ensures the highest level of education by having a curriculum that combines classroom instruction with guided clinical experience
- Exposes students to a wide range of cardiac clinical experience
- Provides specialized instructors with expertise in echocardiography
- Has established accredited clinical sites for student clinical rotations
Students at the School of Echocardiography will be exposed to multiple specialty areas including:
- Adult echocardiography
- Vascular ultrasound
What is the job outlook for echocardiographers?
- The job outlook for cardiac sonographers is excellent. It is a rapidly growing, dynamic profession that is projected to grow by 22% by 2024 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Salaries for sonographers are competitive and inline or higher than other professionals with similar levels of education.
- Sonographers have a relatively flexible work schedule and can work full-time or part-time
Echocardiographers can work in:
- Private practices
- Public health facilities
Career advancement opportunities exist in:
Echocardiographers also have the ability to become:
- Education/application specialists in commercial companies
- Sales representatives
- Technical advisers
- Society for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (SDMS)
- American Society of Echocardiography (ASE)
- Society for Vascular Ultrasound (SVU)
- Greater Kansas City Echo Society (GKCES)
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM)
The Saint Luke's School of Echocardiography is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medican Sonography.
Students will be able to apply for the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) registries according to applicable prerequisite requirements. For further information, please visit the ARDMS website at www.ardms.org.
Saint Luke’s School of Echocardiography
903 East 104th Street
Kansas City, MO 64131
Request a Transcript
Complete and return the transcript release form to have a copy of your transcript mailed.