April 9, 2021
A heart-healthy recipe created by Lucas, nutritionist with Saint Luke’s Food As Medicine Everyday (FAME) Program.
- 1 – 5oz can tuna, packed in water
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 – 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- Drain canned tuna and add to a medium bowl. Shred tuna with a fork.
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl. Mix with a fork until the avocado is roughly mashed and mixed through.
- Divide evenly between whole wheat tortillas and wrap tightly.