In February 1989, Saint Luke’s North Hospital opened its doors. Over the last 30 years, we have continued to grow to meet the changing needs of the Northland.
As the only hospital in Platte County, we are proud to contribute to the economic development of the community: Today we have more than 800 employees who live, work, and volunteer in the Northland community. We also currently have more than 500 of the finest physicians in the Kansas City area, encompassing nearly every specialty.
Growing with the Northland
- 1991 – Care Van drives its first patients
- 1993 – Spelman and Spelman/Saint Luke’s merge to become Saint Luke’s Northland Hospital
- 1996 – The East Tower addition opens
- 1998 – Barry Medical Park opens
- 2002 – Hospitalist physicians begin serving patients
- 2004 – Expansion nearly doubles the hospital’s square footage
- 2005 – eICU patient monitoring station makes its debut
- 2007 – Interventional cardiovascular services available
- 2013 – First 3D mammography in the Northland
- 2015 – Maternity unit and NICU remodeled
- 2016 – Dedicated Breast and Imaging Center opens
- 2019 – Emergency department renovated
Thank you for trusting Saint Luke’s North with your care for the last 30 years. We look forward to serving you well into the future.