National Media Coverage: Saint Luke's Hospital NICU caring for 12 sets of twins
As everyone prepared for Thanksgiving week and began to count their blessings, many of the families at the Saint Luke's Hospital of Kansas City NICU were counting double as the nurses cared for not one, not two, but 12 sets of twins.
Believed to be the largest number of twins Saint Luke's has cared for at one time, all of the sets were born 5-14 weeks early. Families were from Kansas City to as far away as Saint Joseph, Harrisonville, and Emporia.
Helen Ransom with Faces You Love Photography captured the heartwarming photographs to share with the families to help document their stay in the NICU.
"It's very fun. It's a very unique circumstance for both staff and families, and we feel very lucky to get to care for these 12 sets and kind of set this record here at Saint Luke's," said NICU nurse Kyla Anderson.
Watch the story on CBS This Morning below and read the full article.
Watch CNN's coverage below and read the full article.
Read the articles from national publications below.
- MSN: 12 sets of twins born at one Missouri hospital
- Parents Magazine: This NICU Is Caring for 12 Sets of Twins at the Same Time, Breaking a Hospital Record
- People: Seeing Double! 12 sets of twins born in a Missouri hospital
- Yahoo!: Seeing Double! 12 sets of twins born in a Missouri hospital
Our sweet twins even made international news in Canada.
- Global News: 12 sets of twins born at Missouri hospital around the same time
- Diply.com: Hospital Seeing Double After Welcoming 12 Sets Of Twins In One Week