Food as Medicine Everyday (FAME) is a 12-week program offering nutrition education classes on a variety of topics to help improve diet and lifestyle. You’ll learn simple techniques to cook tasty, nutritious meals. Saint Luke’s Muriel I. Kauffman Women’s Heart Center is a founding member of the Food as Medicine Institute Alliance.
Lucas Schubert, Nutritional Coordinator with Saint Luke's Mid America Heart Institute and the Food As Medicine Everyday (FAME) program, shares how to make easy Turkey Avocado Roll-ups and other healthy lunch options as kids go back to school with the FOX4 morning show.
- 8 slices of turkey
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 medium avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- Spread a spoonful of hummus on a slice of turkey.
- Lay a few pieces of spinach flat on the hummus.
- Place a couple of pieces of avocado, cucumber, and carrot at one end of the turkey slice and roll it up.
- Use a toothpick to hold the roll together, if needed.
Servings: 8 roll-ups
Watch the step-by-step in the video below.