Saint Luke's Rehabilitation Institute
Our one-of-its-kind facility re-imagines rehabilitation care for the 21st century with leading-edge technology and personalized treatment in a comfortable space close to home.
The experts at Saint Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute, located on the Saint Luke's South Hospital campus, assist patients along the road to recovery in the only comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation hospital of its kind in the Kansas City region—all while keeping them close to their homes and families.
Patients recovering from brain, stroke, spine, cardiovascular, trauma, pulmonary, and orthopedic conditions receive compassionate care from our team of specialists in this 100,000-square-foot, 60-bed facility.
Leveraging the latest in equipment, research, and therapies, our specially trained experts create individual care plans that help get patients back to the lives they love.
Each year, Saint Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute will help more than 1,000 patients return to their optimal level of function. The Institute is backed by all of Saint Luke’s extensive knowledge and experience, providing comprehensive care for complex medical issues.
The Saint Luke’s Difference
Our dedicated staff provides high-quality, compassionate care for people in need of a full range of rehabilitation techniques. We offer:
- A low patient-to-therapist ratio of 5 to 1 (the national average is 7 to 1).
- An average patient stay of about two weeks.
- A world-class 100,000-square-foot facility close to home.
- Gyms and communal areas for music, art, and other recreational therapies.
- Sixty private rooms, as well as apartment-style rooms, to help patients learn to navigate in real-world environments.
- A huge, 11,000-square-foot outdoor garden featuring many different surfaces for patients to navigate.
- Several donated cars to practice maneuvering in and out of vehicles.
Saint Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute is on the east side of the Saint Luke’s South Hospital campus in Overland Park, Kansas, near many hotels, restaurants, and other amenities.
High-Tech with a Personal Approach
Patients are teamed with the same specialists throughout their time with us to ensure comfort and continuity of care. After assessing your needs, abilities, and goals, our experts will create an individualized care plan tailored specifically to you. Our personalized plans include medication, appropriate therapies, and psychological and emotional support from both professionals and peers. We also have a suite of 17 advanced-tech robotic devices that make the most of proven rehabilitation treatment strategies to help patients with mobility, balance, coordination, and endurance.