Advanced Practice Provider Fellowship
Saint Luke’s Health System offers an Advanced Practice Provider Fellowship Program for nurse practitioners and physician assistants. This six-month postgraduate program is designed to help you strengthen, advance, and expand your clinical nursing skills.
Fellows will have a protected learning environment and be exposed to an array of complex disease processes. The structured curriculum will include didactic, e-learning, modules, case presentation, review of articles, and clinical rotations.
Every specialty is offered through this program. Fellows will complete the program with the skills and confidence to deliver superior care in their area of specialty.
Become a Fellow
Start date: Throughout the year, based on open positions
Length of Fellowship: Six months
Class size: Six fellows; two per specialty
- Must be a graduate from an accredited nurse practitioner or physician assistant program
- Must be certified or eligible to be certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or by ANCC/AANP for Nurse Practitioner applicants
- Must be able to obtain an unrestricted license to practice as a nurse practitioner or physician assistant in the state of Missouri and Kansas
- Must submit a completed application packet
- Must be available to complete an in-person interview
- Complete the application form (PDF).
- Complete a statement of intent—a one paragraph statement of your interest in the program and the particular fellowship specialty you are choosing (maximum length: one page). Discuss anticipated strengths that you bring to the fellowship, as well as professional knowledge, skill and or behavior that you wish to enhance. Include Curriculum Vitae, official transcripts, BLS, ACLS, copies of certifications, and licensure.
- Obtain three letters of recommendation, one from a clinical instructor, one from your current area of practice, and one of your choosing. Letters must be sent directly to the Saint Luke’s Health System:
Saint Luke’s Health System
Attn: NP/PA Fellowship Program
901 E. 104th St.
Kansas City, MO 64131