March 19, 2021
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 6 cups water
- 1 bunch kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- juice from 1 small lemon
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- When oil is heated, add onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the celery, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Stir in the turmeric and diced tomatoes.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes, stir in the kale, cabbage, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in chopped parsley immediately before serving.