Share this with FacebookShare this with TwitterShare this with LinkedInEmail this pagePrint this page
Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
February 4, 2021
A heart-healthy recipe provided by Food As Medicine Everyday Program offered through Saint Luke’s Muriel I. Kauffman Women’s Heart Center.
- Baked Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs. chicken wings or drumettes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/16 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/16 teaspoon paprika
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet to elevate the chicken wings. Spray wire rack with no-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, add chicken wings/drumettes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cornstarch. Mix until chicken is coated well.
- Place the coated wings on wire racks. Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes, the wings should be light golden brown and have a crispy skin.
- While the wings are baking, make the honey mustard sauce. Stir together the mayonnaise, Dijon, yellow mustard, honey, vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- When the chicken wings are finished baking, place them in a clean bowl and pour the honey mustard sauce over top. Stir until the wings are coated. Serve immediately.