Better Kansas City: Saint Luke's Crittenton Children's Center's Adopt-An-Angel program helps hundreds of children celebrate the holidays
Saint Luke’s Crittenton Children’s Center’s annual Adopt-an-Angel program aims to give a happy holiday to the more than 300 children in residential, foster care, and home-based programs at Crittenton. Although the holidays can be a very difficult time for many Crittenton youth, the Adopt-An-Angel program provides positive remembrances and gifts for children who otherwise wouldn’t enjoy the holiday season this way. Adopt-an-Angel is looking for people who are interested in donating to the children's wish lists for the holiday season.
There are multiple ways to help make these children’s holiday special. You can:
- Adopt a Unit Wish List: gifts shared by all the kids on the unit such as: art supplies, books, games, movies, toiletries, etc
- Donate Stocking Stuffers or to General Needs Wish List
- Donate gift baskets for the Foster Care Holiday Party prize drawing (family themes: game night, movie night, cookie decorating, etc.)
- Host or sponsor a special event
- Monetary donations - checks payable to Crittenton Holiday Fund
Wanda Taylor, Director of Community Outreach at Saint Luke's Crittenton Children's Center, talks with Bill on KCTV's Better Kasnas City about the program and how it benefits local children.
Items donated should be new and unwrapped or with tags still on and delivered by December 6th for time for wrapping. For monetary donations, please make checks payable to “Crittenton Holiday Fund” and mailed to Crittenton Children’s Center, 10918 Elm Avenue, Kansas City, MO 64134.
Gifts can be dropped at Crittenton beginning Wednesday, Nov. 27. Drop-off sites are also available at Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City, Saint Luke’s East, Saint Luke’s South, and Saint Luke’s North-Barry Road beginning Dec. 2.
For more information on donating or wish lists, please call 816-767-4124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.