- Medical School
- St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO
- Internal Medicine, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH
- Cardiovascular Disease, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Electrophysiology, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Subspecialty in Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Subspecialty in Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, University of Missouri–Kansas City School of Medicine
- cardiac electrophysiology
- catheter ablation for supraventricular tachycardia and atrial fibrillation
- pacemaker implantation of cardiac defibrillators
- ventricular tachycardia
- premature ventricular contraction ablation
Dr. Sanjaya Gupta was born and raised in Missouri and attended medical school at St. Louis University. He completed internal medicine internship and residency at Case Medical Center, in Cleveland and fellowships in cardiology and cardiac electrophysiology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Mich.
Dr. Gupta is board certified in internal medicine, cardiology and cardiac electrophysiology. His primary clinical interests are in the diagnosis and treatment of heart rhythm disorders, including medical therapy, catheter-based ablation procedures and cardiac device implantation including pacemaker, defibrillator and cardiac resynchronization therapy devices. He joined the staff at Saint Luke's Hospital in 2011.
Dr. Gupta's practice philosophy is, "I believe that my job is to educate patients about their medical conditions and provide the information they need to make an informed decision about their own therapy. The right answer is the one that feels right to you."
Saint Luke's News
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS II Aexcel Local
- Aetna Choice POS II Local
- Aetna Elect Choice
- Aetna Federal Employees Health Benefit Plan
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Local
- Aetna Mail Handlers Benefit Plan
- Aetna Managed Choice
- Aetna MDOT & Missouri State Highway Patrol
- Aetna Medicare
- Aetna Missouri Preferred
- Aetna MU myChoice Health Program
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Select Local
- Aetna Signature Administrators (ASA)
- Aetna Workers Comp
- BCBS of Kansas (call provider)
- BCBS of Kansas City (PPO)
- BCBS of Kansas City Freedom Network
- BCBS of Kansas City Freedom Network Select
- BCBS of Kansas City Preferred Care
- BCBS of Kansas City Preferred Care Blue
- BCBS of Kansas City Traditional
- Century Health Solutions (PPO)
- Cigna (HMO)
- Cigna (Open Access)
- Cigna (PPO)
- CompResults (WC)
- Coventry Advantra Freedom (PPO)
- Coventry Health and Life Insurance Company
- Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Medicare Advantra (PPO)
- Golden Rule
- Health Choice of Northwest Missouri (PPO)
- Healthcare USA-MC+ (Aetna Better Health)
- HealthLink (HMO)
- HealthLink (PPO) through Freedom Network
- Home State Health Plan (Missouri practices)
- Humana (PPOx)
- Humana Choice Care (PPO)
- Humana Choice PPO (Medicare Advantage PPO)
- Humana Gold Choice Medicare Advantage PFFS
- Humana Gold Plus (HMO)
- Humana Gold Plus HMO SNP
- Humana SmartExpress PPO
- Humana SmartNet PPO
- Humana SmartSuite PPO
- Integrated Health Plan
- Kansas Medicaid
- Missouri Care (Missouri practices only)
- Missouri Medicaid
- MultiPlan/PCHS (PPO)
- Occupational Health Management (WC)
- OHARA Managed Care (WC)
- ProviDRs Care Network (formerly WPPA)
- Pyramid Life (Medicare Advantage PPO)
- Railroad Medicare
- Sunflower State Health Plan (Kansas practices)
- Triwest Veterans Affairs Patient Centered Community Care
- United Healthcare Choice
- United Healthcare Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Community Plan
- United Healthcare Definity Health Reimbursement Account
- United Healthcare Definity Health Savings Account
- United Healthcare Golden Rule HMO
- United Healthcare Indemnity
- United Healthcare Managed Indemnity
- United Healthcare Options PPO
- United Healthcare Select
- United Healthcare Select Plus
- UnitedHealthcare Evercare DH
- UnitedHealthcare Evercare DH-POS
- UnitedHealthcare Evercare DP
- UnitedHealthcare Evercare RDP
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Choice
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Choice Essential
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Complete
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Complete Essential
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Complete Plus
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare DH
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Plus Essential
- US Department of Labor
1. Gupta S, Westfall TC, Lechner AJ, Kneupfer MM. Teaching Principles of Cardiovascular Function in a Medical Student Laboratory. Advances in Physiology Education 2005 June; Vol 29 (2): 118-27.
2. Kuhne M, Gupta S, Boonyapisit W, Jongnarangsin K. Managed Ventricular Pacing: Possibility or Pitfall? Heart Rhythm 2008 March; Vol 5 (3): 489-490.
3. Bogun F, Desjardins B, Good E, Gupta S, Crawford T, Oral H, Ebinger M, Pelosi P, Chugh A, Jongnarangsin K, Morady F. Delayed Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Nonischemic Cardiomyopathy: Utility for Identifying the Ventricular Arrhythmia Substrate. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2009 March; Vol 53 (13): 1138-45.
4. Baman T, Gupta S, Valle J, Yamada E. Risk Factors for Mortality in Patients with Cardiac Device Related Infection. Circulation: Arrythmia and Electrophysiology 2009 Apr; Vol. 2(2): 129-34.
5. Baman TS, Gupta SK, Billakanty SR, Ilg KJ, Good E, Crawford T, Jongnarangsin K, Ebinger M, Pelosi F Jr, Bogun F, Chugh A, Morady F, Oral H. Time to Cardioversion of Recurrent Atrial Arrhythmias After Catheter Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation and Long-Term Clinical Outcome. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology 2009 Dec; Vol 20 (12): 1321-5.
6. Ilg K, Baman TS, Gupta SK, Swanson S, Good E, Chugh A, Jongnarangsin K, Pelosi F Jr, Crawford T, Oral H, Morady F, Bogun F. Assessment of radiofrequency ablation lesions by CMR imaging after ablation of idiopathic ventricular arrhythmias. JACC Cardiovascular Imaging 2010 March; Vol 3(3): 286-8.
7. Baman TS, Lange DC, Ilg KJ, Gupta SK, Liu TY, Alguire C, Armstrong W, Good E, Chugh A, Jongnarangsin K, Pelosi F Jr, Crawford T, Ebinger M, Oral H, Morady F, Bogun F. Relationship Between Burden of Premature Ventricular Complexes and Left Ventricular Function. Heart Rhythm 2010 July: Vol 7(7): 865-9.
8. Baman TS, Ilg KJ, Gupta SK, Chugh A, Jongnarangsin K, Pelosi F Jr, Crawford T, Oral H, Morady F, Bogun F. Mapping and Ablation of Epicardial Idiopathic Ventricular Arrhythmias From Within the Coronary Venous System. Circulation: Arrhythmia & Electrophysiology, 2010 June: Vol 3(3): 274-9.
9. Yoshida K, Liu TY, Scott C, Hero A, Yokokawa M, Gupta S, Good E, Morady F, Bogun F. The Value of Defibrillator Electrograms for Recognition of Clinical Ventricular Tachycardias and for Pace-Mapping of Post-Infarction Ventricular Tachycardia. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 2010 September; Vol 56 (12): 969-79.
10. Baman TS, Jongnarangsin K, Chugh A, Suwanagool A, Guiot A, Madenci A, Walsh S, Ilg KJ, Gupta SK, Latchamsetty R, Bagwe S, Myles JD, Crawford T, Good E, Bogun F, Pelosi F Jr, Morady F, Oral H. Prevalence and predictors of complications of radiofrequency catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology. 2011 Jun;22(6):626-31.
11. Gupta S, Desjardins B, Baman T, Ilg K, Good E, Crawford T, Oral H, Pelosi F, Chugh A, Morady F, Bogun F. Delayed Enhanced MR Scar Imaging and Intraprocedural Registration Into an Electroanatomical Mapping System in Post-Infarction Patients. JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging, 2012 February 5 (2):207-210.
Non-Peer Reviewed Publications
1. Gupta S, Baman TS, Day SM. Cardiovascular Health, Part 1: Preparticipation Cardiovascular Screening. Sports Health: A Multidisciplinary Approach 2009 Nov/Dec Vol 1 (6): 500-7.
2. Baman TS, Gupta S, Day SM. Cardiovascular Health, Part 2: Sports Participation in Athletes with Cardiovascular Conditions. Sports Health: A Multidisciplinary Approach 2010 Jan/Feb Vol 2 (1): 19-28.
1. Hoit BD, Gupta S. "Chapter 31. Restrictive, Obliterative, and Infiltrative Cardiomyopathies" (Chapter). Fuster V, O’Rourke RA, Walsh RA, Poole-Wilson P, Eds. King SB, Roberts R, Nash IS, Prystowsky EN, Assoc. Eds.: Hurst's The Heart, 12th Edition. Mc-Graw-Hill Professional: New York, 2008
2. Gupta S, Arnedt JT. “Sleep and Cardiovascular Disease” (Chapter). Riba M, Ravindranath D, Wulsin L, Rubenfire M (Eds.): Psychiatry and Cardiology, Wiley-Blackwell, J. Wiley and Sons, Ltd.: West Sussex, UK, 2011
3. Gupta S, Oral H. “Atrial Fibrillation and Atrial Flutter” (Chapter). Nallamothu B, Baman T (Eds.) Inpatient Cardiovascular Medicine. J. Wiley and Sons: London, 2010 Currently in Press.
4. Gupta S, Crawford T. “Antiarrhythmic Drugs” (Chapter). Nallamothu B, Baman T (Eds.) Inpatient Cardiovascular Medicine. J. Wiley and Sons: London, 2010 Currently in Press.
On Staff At
- Anderson County Hospital
- Hedrick Medical Center
- Saint Luke's Cushing Hospital
- Saint Luke's East Hospital
- Saint Luke's Hospital of Kansas City
- Saint Luke's North Hospital–Barry Road
- Saint Luke's North Hospital–Smithville
- Saint Luke's South Hospital
- Wright Memorial Hospital