- Cardiovascular Disease, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Electrophysiology, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI
- Medical School
- St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO
- Internal Medicine, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Subspecialty in Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Subspecialty in Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, University of Missouri–Kansas City School of Medicine
- cardiac electrophysiology
- catheter ablation for supraventricular tachycardia and atrial fibrillation
- pacemaker implantation of cardiac defibrillators
- ventricular tachycardia
- premature ventricular contraction ablation
Dr. Sanjaya Gupta was born and raised in Missouri and attended medical school at St. Louis University. He completed internal medicine internship and residency at Case Medical Center, in Cleveland and fellowships in cardiology and cardiac electrophysiology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Mich.
Dr. Gupta is board certified in internal medicine, cardiology and cardiac electrophysiology. His primary clinical interests are in the diagnosis and treatment of heart rhythm disorders, including medical therapy, catheter-based ablation procedures and cardiac device implantation including pacemaker, defibrillator and cardiac resynchronization therapy devices. He joined the staff at Saint Luke's Hospital in 2011.
Dr. Gupta's practice philosophy is, "I believe that my job is to educate patients about their medical conditions and provide the information they need to make an informed decision about their own therapy. The right answer is the one that feels right to you."
Saint Luke's News
- Aetna Better Health/KanCare (KS Medicaid)
- Aetna Choice POS II Aexcel Local
- Aetna Choice POS II Local
- Aetna Elect Choice POS
- Aetna Federal Employees Health Benefit Plan HMO
- Aetna First Health Network (excluding limited benefit plans)
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Local
- Aetna Managed Choice POS
- Aetna Medicare Plan (Medicare Advantage HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Missouri Preferred
- Aetna Open Choice PPO
- Aetna Select HMO
- Aetna Select Local HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators (ASA) HMO, POS, PPO
- Aetna UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust (Medicare Advantage HMO, PPO)
- Aetna Workers Comp
- Aetna/Coventry Advantra Freedom Medicare Advantage PPO
- Aetna/Coventry Advantra Freedom Plus Medicare Advantage PPO
- Aetna/Coventry Advantra Total Care Medicare Advantage PPO
- BCBS of Kansas (call provider)
- BCBS of Kansas Blue Choice Preferred Care Blue PPO
- BCBS of Kansas City Blue Select Plus (UCMO and City of KCMO)
- BCBS of Kansas City Federal PPO
- BCBS of Kansas City Freedom Network PPO
- BCBS of Kansas City Freedom Network Select PPO
- BCBS of Kansas City Preferred Care
- BCBS of Kansas City Preferred Care Blue
- BCBS of Kansas City Traditional
- BCBS of Kansas Federal
- BCBS of Kansas Traditional
- BCBS of Michigan Medicare Advantage PPO
- Blue KC Medicare Advantage HMO
- Blue KC Medicare Advantage PPO
- Century Health Solutions (PPO)
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna National POS Open Access
- Cigna OAP
- Cigna PPO
- CompResults/CompAlliance (WC) PPO
- Health Choice of Northwest Missouri (PPO)
- Home State Health Plan Missouri Medicaid (Missouri practices)
- Humana Choice PPO - Medicare Advantage
- Humana ChoiceCare PPO
- Humana Community HMO - Medicare Advantage
- Humana Gold Choice Medicare Advantage PFFS
- Humana Gold Plus HMO - Medicare Advantage
- Humana Gold Plus HMO SNP - Medicare Advantage
- Humana Kansas City PPOx
- Humana National POS-Open Access Plans
- Humana PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana SmartExpress PPO
- Humana SmartNet PPO
- Humana SmartSuite PPO
- HumanaOne PPO
- Integrated Health Plan PPO
- Kansas Medicaid
- Medica Connect
- Medica Select
- Missouri Care Health Plan - Missouri Medicaid (MO practices only)
- MultiPlan/PCHS (PPO)
- Occupational Health Management PPO (WC)
- OHARA Managed Care (WC)
- Private Healthcare Systems PPO
- ProviDRs Care Network PPO (formerly WPPA)
- Sunflower State Health Plan Kansas Medicaid (Kansas practices)
- TRICARE WEST
- Triwest Veterans Affairs Patient Centered Community Care
- United Healthcare - All Savers Insurance Company POS
- United Healthcare - Choice HMO
- United Healthcare - Choice Plus POS
- United Healthcare - Community Plan (KS Practices, KanCare, Kansas Medicaid)
- United Healthcare - Community Plan (MO practices, Missouri Medicaid)
- United Healthcare - Definity Health Reimbursement Account POS
- United Healthcare - Definity Health Savings Account POS
- United Healthcare - Golden Rule HMO (HMO & PPO)
- United Healthcare - Indemnity
- United Healthcare - Managed Indemnity
- United Healthcare - Options PPO
- United Healthcare - Select HMO
- United Healthcare - Select Plus POS
- United Healthcare - United Health One (Short Term Medical)
- UnitedHealthcare - AARP Medicare Complete Choice PPO
- UnitedHealthcare - AARP Medicare Complete HMO
- UnitedHealthcare - AARP Medicare Complete PPO
- UnitedHealthcare - Dual Complete SNP PPO
- UnitedHealthcare - Group Medicare Advantage PPO
- UnitedHealthcare - Medicare Complete PPO
- UnitedHealthcare - Medicare Gold SNP PPO
- UnitedHealthcare - Medicare Silver SNP PPO
1. Gupta S, Westfall TC, Lechner AJ, Kneupfer MM. Teaching Principles of Cardiovascular Function in a Medical Student Laboratory. Advances in Physiology Education 2005 June; Vol 29 (2): 118-27.
2. Kuhne M, Gupta S, Boonyapisit W, Jongnarangsin K. Managed Ventricular Pacing: Possibility or Pitfall? Heart Rhythm 2008 March; Vol 5 (3): 489-490.
3. Bogun F, Desjardins B, Good E, Gupta S, Crawford T, Oral H, Ebinger M, Pelosi P, Chugh A, Jongnarangsin K, Morady F. Delayed Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Nonischemic Cardiomyopathy: Utility for Identifying the Ventricular Arrhythmia Substrate. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2009 March; Vol 53 (13): 1138-45.
4. Baman T, Gupta S, Valle J, Yamada E. Risk Factors for Mortality in Patients with Cardiac Device Related Infection. Circulation: Arrythmia and Electrophysiology 2009 Apr; Vol. 2(2): 129-34.
5. Baman TS, Gupta SK, Billakanty SR, Ilg KJ, Good E, Crawford T, Jongnarangsin K, Ebinger M, Pelosi F Jr, Bogun F, Chugh A, Morady F, Oral H. Time to Cardioversion of Recurrent Atrial Arrhythmias After Catheter Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation and Long-Term Clinical Outcome. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology 2009 Dec; Vol 20 (12): 1321-5.
6. Ilg K, Baman TS, Gupta SK, Swanson S, Good E, Chugh A, Jongnarangsin K, Pelosi F Jr, Crawford T, Oral H, Morady F, Bogun F. Assessment of radiofrequency ablation lesions by CMR imaging after ablation of idiopathic ventricular arrhythmias. JACC Cardiovascular Imaging 2010 March; Vol 3(3): 286-8.
7. Baman TS, Lange DC, Ilg KJ, Gupta SK, Liu TY, Alguire C, Armstrong W, Good E, Chugh A, Jongnarangsin K, Pelosi F Jr, Crawford T, Ebinger M, Oral H, Morady F, Bogun F. Relationship Between Burden of Premature Ventricular Complexes and Left Ventricular Function. Heart Rhythm 2010 July: Vol 7(7): 865-9.
8. Baman TS, Ilg KJ, Gupta SK, Chugh A, Jongnarangsin K, Pelosi F Jr, Crawford T, Oral H, Morady F, Bogun F. Mapping and Ablation of Epicardial Idiopathic Ventricular Arrhythmias From Within the Coronary Venous System. Circulation: Arrhythmia & Electrophysiology, 2010 June: Vol 3(3): 274-9.
9. Yoshida K, Liu TY, Scott C, Hero A, Yokokawa M, Gupta S, Good E, Morady F, Bogun F. The Value of Defibrillator Electrograms for Recognition of Clinical Ventricular Tachycardias and for Pace-Mapping of Post-Infarction Ventricular Tachycardia. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 2010 September; Vol 56 (12): 969-79.
10. Baman TS, Jongnarangsin K, Chugh A, Suwanagool A, Guiot A, Madenci A, Walsh S, Ilg KJ, Gupta SK, Latchamsetty R, Bagwe S, Myles JD, Crawford T, Good E, Bogun F, Pelosi F Jr, Morady F, Oral H. Prevalence and predictors of complications of radiofrequency catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology. 2011 Jun;22(6):626-31.
11. Gupta S, Desjardins B, Baman T, Ilg K, Good E, Crawford T, Oral H, Pelosi F, Chugh A, Morady F, Bogun F. Delayed Enhanced MR Scar Imaging and Intraprocedural Registration Into an Electroanatomical Mapping System in Post-Infarction Patients. JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging, 2012 February 5 (2):207-210.
Non-Peer Reviewed Publications
1. Gupta S, Baman TS, Day SM. Cardiovascular Health, Part 1: Preparticipation Cardiovascular Screening. Sports Health: A Multidisciplinary Approach 2009 Nov/Dec Vol 1 (6): 500-7.
2. Baman TS, Gupta S, Day SM. Cardiovascular Health, Part 2: Sports Participation in Athletes with Cardiovascular Conditions. Sports Health: A Multidisciplinary Approach 2010 Jan/Feb Vol 2 (1): 19-28.
1. Hoit BD, Gupta S. "Chapter 31. Restrictive, Obliterative, and Infiltrative Cardiomyopathies" (Chapter). Fuster V, O’Rourke RA, Walsh RA, Poole-Wilson P, Eds. King SB, Roberts R, Nash IS, Prystowsky EN, Assoc. Eds.: Hurst's The Heart, 12th Edition. Mc-Graw-Hill Professional: New York, 2008
2. Gupta S, Arnedt JT. “Sleep and Cardiovascular Disease” (Chapter). Riba M, Ravindranath D, Wulsin L, Rubenfire M (Eds.): Psychiatry and Cardiology, Wiley-Blackwell, J. Wiley and Sons, Ltd.: West Sussex, UK, 2011
3. Gupta S, Oral H. “Atrial Fibrillation and Atrial Flutter” (Chapter). Nallamothu B, Baman T (Eds.) Inpatient Cardiovascular Medicine. J. Wiley and Sons: London, 2010 Currently in Press.
4. Gupta S, Crawford T. “Antiarrhythmic Drugs” (Chapter). Nallamothu B, Baman T (Eds.) Inpatient Cardiovascular Medicine. J. Wiley and Sons: London, 2010 Currently in Press.
On Staff At
- Anderson County Hospital
- Hedrick Medical Center
- Saint Luke's Cushing Hospital
- Saint Luke's East Hospital
- Saint Luke's Hospital of Kansas City
- Saint Luke's North Hospital–Barry Road
- Saint Luke's North Hospital–Smithville
- Saint Luke's South Hospital
- Wright Memorial Hospital