Cancer Clinical Trials
The Koontz Center for Advanced Breast Cancer is the region’s first and only program dedicated to the treatment of metastatic breast cancer.
I Want to Know My Options
The Koontz Center is currently enrolling patients in the following trials specifically targeting advanced breast cancer.
- A Phase 3 Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Carboplatin and Paclitaxel With or Without the PARP Inhibitor Veliparib (ABT-888) in HER2 Negative Metastatic or Locally Advanced Unresectable BRCA-Associated Breast Cancer. Learn more at ClinicalTrials.gov.
- A Phase III Randomized Double-blind, Placebo Controlled Study of Alpelisib in Combination With Fulvestrant for Men and Postmenopausal Women With Hormone Receptor Positive, HER2-negative Advanced Breast Cancer Which Progressed on or After Aromatase Inhibitor Treatment. Learn more at ClinicalTrials.gov.
- A Phase II Study of Neratinib Alone and in Combination With Fulvestrant in Metastatic HER2 Non-amplified But HER2 Mutant Breast Cancer. Learn more at ClinicalTrials.gov.
- A Phase I Dose Escalation Study of POL6326 With Eribulin in Patients With Relapsed, Triple Negative and Hormone Refractory ER Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer. Learn more at ClinicalTrials.gov.
- Phase II Study of the Safety, Efficacy, and Pharmacokinetics of G1T28 in Patients with Metastatic Triple Negative Breast Cancer Receiving Gencitabine and Carboplatin Chemotherapy. Learn more at ClinicalTrials.gov.
- Phase III, Randomized Study of Margetuximab Plus Chemotherapy vs Trastuzumab Plus Chemotherapy in the Treatment of Patients with Her2+ Metastatic Breast Cancer Who Have Received Prior Anti-Her2 Therapies and Require Systemic Treatment. Learn more at ClinicalTrials.gov.
- A Phase I/II Dose Escalation and Expansion Study to Investigate the Safety, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics and Clinical Activity of GSK525762 in Combination with Fulvestrant in Subjects with ER+ Breast Cancer. Learn more at ClinicalTrials.gov.
- A Randomized Phase III Trial of Endocrine Therapy plus Entinostat / Placebo in Patients with Hormone Receptor-Positive Advanced Breast Cancer. Learn more at ClinicalTrials.gov.
- Development and Implementation of The Breast Cancer Collaborative Registry (BCCR). Learn more at ClinicalTrials.gov.
- A Multistage, Phase II Study Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of Cobimetinib Plus Paclitaxel, Cobimetinib Plus Atezolizumab Plus Paclitaxel, or Cobimetinib Plus Atezolizumab Plus Nab-Paclitaxel as First-Line Treatment for Patients With Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer. Learn more at ClinicalTrials.gov.
- Phase 2 Randomized, Double-Blinded, Controlled Study of Tucatinib vs. Placebo in Combination with Capecitabine and Trastuzumab in Patients with Pretreated Unresectable Locally Advanced or Metastatic HER2+ Breast Carcinoma. Learn more at ClinicalTrials.gov.
- A Phase II, multi-centre Study of BGB324 in combination with Pembrolizumab in Patients with Previously Treated, Locally Advanced and Unresectable or Metastatic Triple Negative or Triple Negative Inflammatory Breast Cancer.
- Solid tumors and lymphomas that have progressed following at least 1 line of standard therapy. Molecular analysis to determine if an actionable mutation of interest exists and can be treated via a MATCH sub study (24 sub-studies). Learn more at ClinicalTrials.gov.
- Coming soon: Early detection of recurrent disease in high risk women following primary therapy.
- Coming soon: A pilot study Personalized Prescription for moderate intensity exercise in patients with Stage 4 Breast cancer.
Get to know the Koontz Center for Advanced Breast Cancer: