FOX4: Healthy Eating Tips this Holiday Season
Eating healthy during the holidays can still be simple and delicious.
Grace Hoffman, Nutrition Health Program Coordinator for Saint Luke's Food As Medicine Everyday (FAME) program at Saint Luke’s Muriel I. Kauffman Women’s Heart Center, shares three tips for healthy eating on FOX4.
Spinach, Arugula, Cranberry and Walnut Salad
- 3 cups spinach, loosely packed
- 1 ½ cups arugula, loosely packed
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup goat cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tsp fresh thyme (or ½ tsp dried thyme)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Make the dressing: add dressing ingredients into a jar or bowl. Shake or stir vigorously.
- Add spinach, arugula, walnuts, and cranberries into a large bowl. Pour dressing over slowly. Toss to combine. Add more dressing as desired. Top salad with goat cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!