Food as Medicine Everyday (FAME) Program
Food as Medicine Everyday (FAME) is a 12-week program offering nutrition education classes on a variety of topics to help improve diet and lifestyle. You’ll learn simple techniques to cook tasty, nutritious meals.
- Introduction to Nutrients: Fats, Carbohydrates, Proteins, Vitamins & Minerals.
- Reading Food Labels
- Portion Sizes: The FAME Plate
- Balancing Blood Sugar
- Exploring Natural and Artificial Sweeteners
- Benefits of Breakfast
- Habits for Health
- Strategies for Healthy Digestion
- Healthy Eating on the Go
- Nutritious Lunches and Snacks
- Shopping Guide
- Everyday Superfoods
Each participant will receive a copy of Food as Medicine Everyday: Reclaim Your Health with Whole Foods.
Saint Luke’s Muriel I. Kauffman Women’s Heart Center is a founding member of the Food as Medicine Institute Alliance.
Visit the Food as Medicine Institute for more information.
For more information and to register, call 816-932-5784.
Muriel I. Kauffman Women’s Heart Center Conference Room
4401 Wornall Road
Kansas City, MO 64111