Patient-Centered Medical Home
What is a Patient-Centered Medical Home?
When you choose a Saint Luke’s primary care physician, you become part of a health care team dedicated to the highest standards of quality and accountability.
Patients of primary care doctors recognized as part of a patient-centered medical home (PCMH) report shorter wait times, better outcomes for chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension, and higher satisfaction.
With Saint Luke’s as your patient-centered medical home, a trusted doctor and care team will ensure you get the best care possible. If you are hospitalized a registered nurse care coordinator may contact you after discharge. Should you develop a chronic health condition that may require additional attention, a high-risk care coordinator will help you manage your plan of care.
Your Medical Home
Your patient-centered medical home is a team-based approach to comprehensive primary care that puts you at the center of how your health care is delivered. It is our commitment to you. We will strive to provide you comprehensive care that meets your personal care needs.
Your care team’s responsibilities:
- To truly listen and respond to your questions and concerns.
- To help you better understand and evaluate your health care needs.
- To work with you at the center to make a personal care plan that is tailored just for you.
- To coordinate care so you receive the care you need, when you need it, even if it is not at a Saint Luke’s facility.
- To always try to stay on time to keep your wait time as short as possible.
- To be an active participant in your care team. Ask questions. Share concerns. Let us know how to provide better care.
- To let your care team know if you seek care outside of your patient-centered medical home, such as going to the emergency room or self referring to a specialist.
- To have a clear understanding of your personalized care plan.
- To commit to assisting and following through on your goals.
- To be on time for appointments with the necessary documents for your visit.
Our KC metro-area primary care medical practices proudly participate in the federal Comprehensive Primary Care Plus program (CPC+), the gold standard patient-centered medical home model. As one of the elite CPC+ primary care practices in the country, you can expect to receive top-quality care that is accessible, comprehensive, coordinated, and truly patient-centered.
Your Saint Luke’s primary care team will work tirelessly to maintain these highest care standards and earn the right to be your Medical Home.