Saint Luke's Marion Bloch Neuroscience Institute
Committed to bringing nationally ranked clinical excellence and quality patient care to Kansas City and beyond.
Saint Luke’s Marion Bloch Neuroscience Institute is the region’s premier neuroscience institute dedicated to quality patient care, clinical excellence, research, and education. At the Neuroscience Institute, we understand the importance of specialized, patient-centered care, so we have built collaborative centers of excellence including:
- An Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center providing the region’s most advanced stroke care to more than 2,000 patients each year.
- An integrated spine program that brings together a multidisciplinary team of specialists to identify the source of a patient’s pain and determine appropriate treatment, faster.
- A Level 4 Comprehensive Epilepsy Center offering advanced diagnostics and state-of-the-art medical and surgical management for people living with epilepsy.
- A Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorder Center that offers a full range of medical, surgical, and rehabilitation options for a range of conditions, including Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, and dystonia.
- The Midwest Ear Institute, a leader in advancing cochlear implant technology, offering a broad range of services to children and adults with hearing and balance disorders.
- A Comprehensive Multiple Sclerosis Center that employs a team approach and leading-edge research to care for patients with demyelinating disorders.
- Neuro-oncology program composed of a multidisciplinary team of surgical and medical specialists to deliver the most innovative, compassionate, and personalized care for patients with brain and spine tumors.
- Memory Disorders and Behavioral Neurology Center brings together memory disorder experts and specialty neuroimaging technology to ensure an accurate diagnosis and followed by appropriate treatment and symptom management.
- Sleep disorders program is the premier provider of sleep-related diagnostic and therapeutic services—providing advanced treatment for 87 known sleep disorders.
The Neuroscience Institute also boasts a fellowship-trained neurosurgery team with a variety of subspecialties ranging from asleep deep brain stimulation (DBS) surgery, to the treatment of skull-based tumors, to minimally invasive spine surgery, to the treatment of trigeminal neuralgia, and everything in between.
Our patients also have access to the only comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation hospital of its kind in the region—Saint Luke's Rehabilitation Institute.
Minimally invasive spine surgery allows Don to celebrate his 60th anniversary with family—without back pain.
Research & Clinical Trials
Dedicated to offering our patients the most innovative and effective treatments.
Conditions related to the brain and spine are complex. Often they are difficult to diagnose, and treatments are multi-faceted and require ongoing maintenance. That’s why Saint Luke’s has created a multidisciplinary team of fellowship- and subspecialty-trained neuroscience specialists including:
- Neuro-otologists and audiologists
- Pain management physicians
- Physical therapists
- Sleep medicine specialists
- Sports medicine physicians
- Neuro-anesthesia specialists
- Social workers
- Neurointerventional radiologists
- Critical care physicians
- Advanced practice providers
- Neuroscience certified nurses
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians
Streamlined access to a variety of specialists means a better experience for both the patient and referring providers.