- Medical School
- Maharashtra Unv of Health Sciences
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, Philadelphia, PA
- Internal Medicine, University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City, MO
- Med/Nephrology, Unv of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Med/Critical Care, UMKC School of Medicine, Kansas City, MO
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Subspecialty in Critical Care Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Subspecialty in Nephrology
- Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Missouri–Kansas City School of Medicine
- Usefulness of multimodality cardiac imaging in the diagnosis of a right atrial angiosarcoma. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2010 Jul; 23(7):792.2010 Mar 25.
- A Review of Causes and Systemic Approach to Cardiac Troponin Elevation. Patil H, Vaidya O, Bogart D. Clin Cardiol. 2011 Dec; 34(12):723-728.
- Risk of bleeding after percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG). Singh D, Laya AS, Vaidya OU, Ahmed SA, Bonham AJ, Clarkston WK. Dig Dis Sci. 2012 Apr; 57(4):973-80.
- Effect of Renal Transplantation for Chronic Renal disease on Left Ventricular Mass. Omkar U Vaidya, MD; John House, MA; Tina R Coggins, RDCS et al. Am J Cardiol. 2012 Jul 15; 110(2):254-7.
- Role of endoscopic ultrasound and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography in isolated pancreatic metastasis from lung cancer.Singh D, Vaidya OU, Sadeddin E, Yousef O. World J Gastrointest Endosc. 2012 Jul 16;4(7):328-30
- Fulminant sepsis due to disseminated histoplasmosis in renal transplantation: A diagnostic challenge Omkar Ulhas Vaidya, Anwita Omkar Vaidya, Harshal Rohidas Patil, Heidi Huseth Journal of Acute Medicine June 2012(Vol. 2, Issue 2,Pages 55-57)
- Comparison of incidence of renal cell carcinoma in native kidneys of dialysis patients with and without renal transplant –published in American Society of Nephrology (ASN) online in Oct 2009 and poster presentation at San Diego Meeting Oct 2009.Availabe online in archives of ASN Oct 2009
- Successful salvage of a renal allograft after acute renal vein thrombosis due to May-Thurner Syndrome. Case Rep Transplant. 2012;2012
Oral Poster Presentations
- Acute Pancreatitis: An aftermath of Lung cancer- Oral Poster presentation at American college of Physician (ACP) Missouri meeting 2010
- Clinical Predictors of LV mass Regression in Chronic Kidney Disease Patients following Renal Transplantation- Oral presentation at American college of Cardiology 2011 Meeting at New Orleans
- Plasma Cell Myeloma with Amyloidosis Presenting as Hypotension, Nephrotic Syndrome and Renal Failure.Omkar U. Vaidya, MD. American Society of Nephrology(ASN) meeting 2012 San Diego Meeting
- Renal transplantation in the presence of HLA-dq and –dp antibodies: an option for highly sensitized patients? Omkar Vaidya, Chantale lacelle, Trung Luong, Meelie Debroy,,Juan Arenas, Todd n. Eagar, and Christopher y. Lu. Presented at National Kidney Foundation (NKF), Orlando Florida, April 3 rd 2013.
- Clinical Outcomes of Uncommon Bacterial Peritonitis in Peritoneal Dialysis Patients. Omkar Vaidya,Ramesh Saxena. Presented at National Kidney Foundation (NKF), Orlando Florida, April 3 rd 2013.
- Rhabdomyolysis-induced Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) in a Cancer Patient Exposed to Denosumab Javier A Neyra,Omkar U Vaidya et alPresented at National Kidney Foundation (NKF),Orlando Florida, April 3 rd 2013.
Oral Research presentation
- Clinical Outcomes of Uncommon Bacterial Peritonitis in Peritoneal Dialysis Patient, – Oral presentation at Southern Society of Clinical Investigation, February 20th 2013.
On Going Research Projects
- Thin Basement membrane Disease associated with Nephrotic Range Proteinuria, Hypertension and Chronic Kidney Disease- case report- Submitted
- Clinical outcomes of Continuous Renal Replacement therapy in intensive care unit- retrospective chart review
- First case of acute kidney injury from Rhabdomyloysis after Denosumab- Case report
- Collapsing variant of FSGS resulting from single dose zolendronic acid and the clinical outcome- Case report
- Acute hyperkalemia and role of medical management- retrospective study
- Renal transplantation in the presence of HLA-dq and –dp antibodies: an option for highly sensitized patients. Omkar Vaidya, Chantale lacelle, Trung Luong, Meelie Debroy,,Juan Arenas, Todd n. Eagar, and Christopher y. Lu. – Submitted manuscript.
On Staff At
- Anderson County Hospital
- Hedrick Medical Center
- Saint Luke's Cushing Hospital
- Saint Luke's East Hospital
- Saint Luke's Hospital of Kansas City
- Saint Luke's North Hospital–Barry Road
- Saint Luke's North Hospital–Smithville
- Saint Luke's South Hospital
- Wright Memorial Hospital