Palliative Medicine Physician, Kansas City, MO
Saint Luke’s Health System is seeking a BC/BE Hospice and Palliative Medicine certified physician to join a successful and growing practice. The Saint Luke’s Health System encompasses 10 not-for-profit hospitals (including a metropolitan tertiary care center) and a 12 bed free-standing inpatient Hospice House and a large Primary Care network. Palliative services have been a part of the Health System over the last decade and now have entered an expansion and innovation phase as the health system transitions into Population Health care and population health management.
You will be an employee of our Saint Luke’s Physician Group and have an academic appointment to the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine. As part of the SLHS, you will have a unique opportunity to work with medical students and post graduate trainees.
Duties will include:
- Shared call responsibilities with other physicians and nurse practitioners
- Performing palliative care consults in a growing hospital-based service
- Caring for patients at a general inpatient level of care in the Saint Luke’s Hospice House
- Participate in hospice medical director activities
- Collaborating with certified Advanced Practice Providers, CHPN RN’s, and MWS’s
- Launching outpatient services by embedding in existing outpatient clinics
- Participate in the CMS Innovation Demonstration project, “Medicare Care Choices”
As part of the Saint Luke’s family atmosphere, you will be working with a group of clinicians that love what they do.
About Saint Luke’s Health System
Saint Luke’s Health System consists of 18 area hospitals and several primary and specialty care practices, and provides a range of inpatient, outpatient, and home care services. Founded as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization, our mission includes a commitment to the highest levels of excellence in health care and the advancement of medical research and education. The health system is an aligned organization in which the physicians and hospitals assume responsibility for enhancing the physical, mental, and spiritual health of people in the metropolitan Kansas City area and the surrounding region.
Learn more about Saint Luke’s Health System.
About Greater Kansas City
The greater Kansas City metro area is a vibrant, growing community known for its thriving arts scene, world champion sports teams, natural beauty, and exceptional quality of life. With a population of more than 2 million, Kansas City is so much more than barbecue and jazz. It’s a place where unique sights and historic architecture meet cutting-edge innovation.