Interventional Pulmonologist, Kansas City, MO
Saint Luke’s Health System is seeking a board certified/board eligible pulmonary and critical care physician with fellowship training in interventional pulmonology to join an established IP physician practice as part of a larger group practice in Kansas City, Missouri. The position is envisioned to be part time IP and part time general pulmonary/critical care initially, but is anticipated to grow into a predominantly IP career with expected volume increases and time. The position boasts the following benefits:
- Brand new, state-of-the-art bronchoscopy suite
- Full service IP program performing advanced diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopies and minimally invasive pleural procedures. Procedures currently performed include: EBUS, EMN, radial probe EBUS, transbronchial cryobiopsy, rigid bronchoscopy, stent placement, tumor debulking, dilation, endobronchial valve placement, bronchial thermoplasty, thoracentesis, chest tube placement, tunneled pleural catheter placement, medical thoracoscopy, and others.
- Weekly participation in a high volume, multidisciplinary thoracic clinic and tumor board
- Teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Medicine with dedicated Pulmonary/Critical Care, Critical Care Medicine, and Internal Medicine fellowship and residency programs
- Large group practice with a 13 physician Pulmonary/Critical Care division
- Home call, averaging one out of seven weeks
- Competitive salary and benefits package
About Saint Luke’s Hospital
Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City has 611 beds and is one of the largest tertiary care hospitals in the region. Its network of more than 600 physicians represents more than 60 medical specialties. Saint Luke’s Hospital is a primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri–Kansas City School of Medicine. It is a winner of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award; is recognized by U.S. News & World Report in numerous areas; and is nationally known for innovation, research, and patient care.
About greater Kansas City
The greater Kansas City metro area is a vibrant, growing community known for its thriving arts scene, world champion sports teams, natural beauty, and exceptional quality of life. With a population of more than 2 million, Kansas City is so much more than barbecue and jazz. It’s a place where unique sights and historic architecture meet cutting-edge innovation (Kansas City is the “Silicone Prairie,” after all).
On top of that, you’ll find dozens of museums, shopping and entertainment districts, wineries and breweries, the Kansas City Zoo, hiking and biking trails, and restaurants of every culinary stripe. Living in Kansas City, you’ll find high-quality schools and friendly neighborhoods. It’s why numerous national publications have called Kansas City one of the nation’s best places to live, work, and raise a family.
About Saint Luke’s Health System
Saint Luke’s Health System consists of 10 area hospitals and campuses as well as multiple primary and specialty care practices, and provides a range of inpatient, outpatient, and home care services. Founded as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization, our mission includes a commitment to the highest levels of excellence in health care and the advancement of medical research and education. The health system is an aligned organization in which the physicians and hospitals assume responsibility for enhancing the physical, mental, and spiritual health of people in the metropolitan Kansas City area and the surrounding region.