In October 2012, Saint Luke's Health System partnered with BJC HealthCare of Saint Louis, CoxHealth of Springfield, Missouri, and Memorial Health System of Springfield, Illinois, to form the BJC Collaborative. This innovative collaboration among not-for-profit health care systems lets us all achieve financial efficiency and share best practices while remaining independent.
Within its first year, the BJC Collaborative welcomed two more member systems—Blessing Health System in Quincy, Illinois, and Southern Illinois HealthCare in Carbondale, Illinois.
The BJC Collaborative benefits health care member organizations and the communities they serve through:
- Population Health Management: Information and assessment, physician recruitment, and engagement strategies such as Accountable Care Organizations and medical home development
- Clinical and Service Quality: Performance improvement, staff development, and training (including eLearning, management and leadership development, clinical skills training, clinical decision support, safety event reporting, and emergency preparedness)
- Capital Asset Management: Supply chain relationships, facilities design, clinical engineering, technology evaluation, energy conservation, and facilities management
- Financial Services: Capital resource evaluation analysis, treasury options, revenue cycle, business intelligence, and actuarial expertise
- Information Systems and Technology: Meaningful use of health IT, data center management, data warehousing, software applications, hardware configurations and emerging technologies, data security, and patient confidentiality
With the BJC Collaborative, each health system can share strengths with other members. The ongoing goal: provide high-quality, efficient care to the people in our communities.