Saint Luke’s Physician Group Taking Donations for Those in Need This Holiday Season
The holiday season is in in full swing! For many of us this includes a time for the family to gather for a Christmas feast.
But for one in seven people in northwestern Missouri and northeastern Kansas, that tradition is not a reality. More than 350,000 people in the area are food insecure.
Because of this, Saint Luke’s Physician Group is hoping to help take care of the community in a special way this time of year and is partnering with Harvesters Community Food Network for a holiday food drive.
Anyone can drop off non-perishable food items and household or personal care products through January 4th at the following locations:
- Saint Luke’s Primary Care—Barry Road
- Saint Luke’s Primary Care—Blue Springs
- Saint Luke’s Primary Care—Lee’s Summit
- Saint Luke’s Primary Care—Mission Farms
- Saint Luke’s Primary Care—Shoal Creek
- Saint Luke’s Primary Care—Plaza
- Saint Luke’s Cardiovascular Consultants—South
- Saint Luke’s Cardiovascular Consultants—Plaza
Canned vegetables, canned fruit, boxed meals, canned meat, peanut butter and jelly, and hot and cold cereal are some of the most-needed items this year. Please refrain from donating perishable foods, glass containers or home-canned items.
Personal care items including soap, deodorant, shampoo and toilet paper would also be greatly appreciated.
Last year, Harvesters distributed more than 47 million meals to hungry families in the region with the help of collections around the community like the Saint Luke’s Physician Group’s food drive.